Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stagnation

Its been a rough couple of years. Its been maybe five years since I felt like I was really moving forward in my life. I've been lacking in motivation to do much of anything. There have been sputters here and there where I've had energy and drive, and those were encouraging. But they've been far too infrequent. I'm sure there are quite a few people out there that can I identify. I won't let this rut get the better of me.
This is exactly the sort of life situation that makes me most uncomfortable. The stagnation makes maintaining my mood difficult. I often fear that the despair will get the better of me before I make it out. But I haven't given up hope yet. I'm sure I can make it. I know I will. And if I can get through this, I know I can handle whatever life throws at me.

2 comments:

  1. I know you won't feel like this for the rest of your life. This is only a momentary phase that will pass as soon as you find something you're passionate about and have the motivation to pursue. Keep your head up. I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want something, then go for it. If you don't know what you want, then find it. There are plenty of people who have faith in you, but that doesn't mean jack shit if you don't have faith in yourself. Take life by the balls, man, because you only get this life once. Don't let some stupid funk get in the way of you being who you want to be.

    ReplyDelete